Monday, December 2, 2013

New Approach: Juicing

It's been quite a while since I've posted.  For a few months, I fell off the wagon.  I was still eating better and walking, but I eventually ended up back where I began.  So now it's time for a new approach.

I've been watching a lot of food-related documentaries.  I knew there was a lot of crappy chemicals in the food we are sold and eat, but I had no idea just how toxic they were.  After watching Hungry for Change, my wife and I were ready to jump back into the swing of things.  We bought a Jack LaLanne juicer and then watched Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead.  Immediately, we were ready to jump into juicing.  However, we have a fridge full of food (mostly healthy food, as we have been dieting) that we need to eat before a true juice cleanse.  Our new plan is to finish what's in the fridge and start the cleanse on Friday.  We've heard that the first three days are the hardest and the best way to get through it is to sleep a lot.  It makes sense...the body is detoxing, and it's probably going through withdrawal.  After those three days, we should see improved energy and be feeling much better.

I'm going to use this blog to document the detox/reboot/cleansing process.

4 days and counting until the cleanse!  I think our biggest obstacle will be people's reactions.  Thinking that we're crazy and harming ourselves...when really, we are bettering ourselves.  The way most people eat is harmful to them.  We've been sticking to vegetables and whole grains, but after years of eating crap, it's best to start fresh with a cleanse.  We both seek health and weight loss, and doing this together will definitely help us achieve our goals.

That being said, if we get very hungry on our cleanse, we will have a healthy snack.

No comments:

Post a Comment