Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Juicing: Day Five - Cold Remedies

Today's weight: 208.8
Today is less about juicing, but more about using juice and other remedies to help a cold.  My wife had been sick for nearly two weeks with a cold.  Somehow I managed to avoid it...until last night.  I took NyQuil before bed, but still woke up with a sore throat and ears.  It feels like the cold is just sitting in my throat...which is the sure sign of a cold about to hit hard.  I'm lucky enough to be able to work from home again today so that I can focus on getting better.  I'm hoping to get in to the office tomorrow--we have a holiday lunch!--and I have a meeting that's much easier to have in person.




My game plan for fighting this cold:
  • Vitamin-C packed juice
  • DayQuil
  • Multi-vitamin (with lots of zinc)
  • Emergen-C Immune+ fizzy drink
  • Garlic (recommended by a friend)...to be mixed with an avocado for a mini guacamole (lunch)
  • lots of tea with honey and ginger root
  • Dried apricots and blackberries (zinc-packed) 
  • echinacea
  • a couple pieces of 73% dark chocolate (really helps after all the garlic!)

                                         Vitamin-C Packed juice:
  • orange
  • half a lemon
  • kiwi
  • pineapple
  • mango
  • canteloupe
  • blueberries
  • grapes
  • beet

Lunch: Mini guac
  • avocado
  • 2 crushed garlic cloves
  • lime juice
  • tomato

No comments:

Post a Comment