Monday, December 9, 2013

Juicing: Day Four

Today's weight: 209.8.
I guess that eggnog really messed up my weight loss!

I'm definitely more tired and hungry today.  Yesterday's eggnog and lack of juicing or large doses of fruits and veggies has taken its toll.  Luckily, I'm able to work from home today, so I got to sleep a little later and juice.  Tomorrow, when I go back into the office, I'll bring a yogurt and have that and almonds for lunch.  I think that I need to ease into juicing a bit more, especially while I'm donating platelets every couple of weeks.  I take medication for bipolar disorder that does best if taken with food.  Though, I think that if I eat once a day and juice for the rest of the meals, I'll be fine.

This morning, I made a beet juice with some other fruits and veggies.  It was as yummy as it is pretty!

Warning about beet juice: It can cause diarrhea.  It's not a terrible thing and I guess it's supposed to pass in a few days, but it's something to be aware of.  If you're juicing and plan on driving long periods...well, you might want to hold off on juicing beets!  I looked it up and I guess the reason for the bathroom runs is that beets cleanse the liver and kidneys.  It pushes out the bad bile...which unfortunately comes out very, very quickly.  It doesn't make you feel sick at all, just pushes out the bad stuff.  Also, beet juice heavy decrease the metals in your body, as does cilantro.  Mix them together and you'll have a great metal-cleanse!

For lunch, I had salad with kale, lettuce, mushrooms, peapods, and cranberry walnut trader joe's dressing.  I also had hummus and pita bread with a little cheese.  Trying to get my calcium and iron back up so I can donate platelets again in two weeks.

Tonight, I made a pretty great juice.  I was scared that putting a whole lemon in would make the juice too sour, but it didn't at all!  I actually forgot I had put one in!


Tonight's juice:
  • 1/2 beet
  • whole lemon
  • 2 carrots
  • pineapple
  • handful of grapes
  • blueberries and blackberries
  • cilantro
  • parsley
  • chia seeds

No comments:

Post a Comment